When it comes to safety, we engineer from the ground up. The Outlander has safer braking, safer lights and a safer cabin to protect you and your passengers.
EMERGENCY STOP SIGNAL SYSTEM (ESS)
Automatically alert traffic behind you
If something ahead causes you to brake suddenly, ESS automatically activates the hazard warning lamps to give traffic behind you a clear sign you're slowing down, reducing the chance of them hitting you.
BLIND SPOT WARNING (BSW)
No more blind spots
This feature uses radar sensors to detect whether there are vehicles in your blind spots. If you're about to change lanes and the system detects that something is there, a light will blink in the door mirror on the side nearest to the hazard and a buzzer will sound.
REAR CROSS TRAFFIC ALERT (RCTA)
Reversing with confidence
If radar sensors in the rear bumper detect an approaching vehicle once you've put the car into reverse, a warning message appears in the multi-information display, a buzzer sounds and an indicator blinks in both door mirrors.
ULTRASONIC MISACCELERATION MITIGATION SYSTEM (UMS)
Parking made easier
To help prevent collisions while parking, a buzzer sounds and a warning displays if the front or rear sensors detect a nearby obstacle. Acceleration is also controlled if you suddenly put your foot down by accident.
ACTIVE STABILITY CONTROL (ASC)
If you have a wobble, the car won’t
The Active Stability Control (ASC) system combines with the 4WD system to offer even greater stability. It works by using onboard sensors to analyse the vehicle’s motion and identify any unstable movement. If wheels lose their grip on slippery surfaces or while turning, the ASC automatically adjusts engine output and applies braking force at the appropriate wheels to help maintain control and prevent skidding. The Traction Control function applies a braking force to the spinning wheels for smooth starts and straight line acceleration.
HILL START ASSIST (HSA)
No rolling backwards on hills
Hill Start Assist (HSA) makes it easier to start off on a steep uphill slope by preventing the vehicle from rolling backward. When a gradient is detected, it automatically maintains the brakes until the accelerator is applied.
RISE (REINFORCED IMPACT SAFETY EVOLUTION) BODY
A cabin with a protective shell
The Outlander is built using our advanced Reinforced Impact Safety Evolution (RISE) body. It strategically places reinforcements at critical points to help route and absorb energy in the event of a high impact collision. So you and your passengers are kept safe when you need it most.
SEVEN AIRBAG SYSTEM
Equipment may vary by market. Please consult your local Mitsubishi Motors dealer/distributor for details.
– 7 SRS Airbags: Airbags are part of a Supplemental Restraint System (SRS). To decrease the risk of injury from a deploying airbag, always fasten your seat belt, sit upright in the middle of the seat and do not lean against the door. Always place children 12 and under in the rear seat if possible and use appropriate child restraints. If using a belt-fixed rear-facing infant restraint in the front seat, activate the SRS airbag cut-off switch. Please see the owner’s manual and the instructions provided with your child restraint for additional information.
– ASC: The control capabilities of ASC are supplemental only. Please drive safely and never rely solely on these functions while driving. Be sure to use the same specified type and size of tyres on all 4 wheels. Do not install any aftermarket limited slip differential on your vehicle. Please see the owner’s manual for additional information.
– HSA: Hill Start Assist [HSA] is not a substitute for safe driving. Never rely solely on this function while driving on steep roads. Your vehicle may move backwards if the brake pedal is heavily loaded, or if the road is very steep or slippery. This function is not designed to keep the vehicle stopped in place on uphill slopes for more than 2 seconds. Do not rely on this function to maintain a stopped position as an alternative to depressing the brake pedal. Please see the owner’s manual for additional information.
– FCM: The detection and control capabilities of Forward Collision Mitigation [FCM] are supplemental only and do not prevent collisions in every situation. Please drive safely and do not rely solely on this system while driving. FCM operates when a vehicle is in front of your vehicle. FCM is also designed to detect pedestrians, but may not detect them or be activated in some situations. Auto braking is activated for a car ahead when your vehicle is travelling at a speed of approx. 5km/h to 80km/h and for a pedestrian ahead at approx. 5km/h to 65km/h. Since FCM has no function to maintain braking, the brake is released approximately 2 seconds after stopping. To prevent the vehicle from rolling thereafter, the driver may have to hold the brake pedal down. In some cases, FCM may not function if the driver takes actions for accident avoidance through steering or acceleration operation. If you have any questions, please consult your local Mitsubishi Motors dealer/distributor for details.
– ACC: The detection and control capabilities of ACC are supplemental only. Please drive safely and do not rely solely on this system while driving. ACC may not be activated in some situations. This system may not correctly detect the actual situation depending on the type of vehicle in front and its conditions, the weather conditions, and the road conditions. Additionally, the system may be unable to decelerate sufficiently if the vehicle in front applies the brakes suddenly or another vehicle cuts into your path, so your vehicle approaches the front vehicle. If you have any questions, please consult your local Mitsubishi Motors dealer/distributor for details.
– LDW: Lane Departure Warning is not designed to lessen risks associated with not looking ahead carefully (attention drawn to something on the side, absentmindedness, etc.) or poor visibility caused by bad weather, etc. It is designed to detect the lane at a speed of approx. 65km/h or more. Keep steering your vehicle correctly and drive safely. The system may not be able to detect the lane correctly in some conditions. Please see the owner’s manual for additional information.
– AHB: This system activates at a speed of approx. 40km/h or more and deactivates at lower speeds. Please see the owner’s manual for additional information.
– BSW: The detection and control capabilities of Blind Spot Warning [BSW] are supplemental only and do not warn you of vehicles in blind spots in every situation. Please do not rely solely on this system while driving. Blind Spot Warning may not operate normally in some cases, depending on traffic, weather, road surface conditions and the presence of obstructions. Drivers are fully responsible for their own safe driving. The radar wave graphics are used for illustrative purposes only and do not represent the actual sensor application. Please see the owner’s manual for additional information.
– RCTA: Do not rely solely on Rear Cross Traffic Alert [RCTA], which may not detect all moving vehicles in certain conditions. Drivers are fully responsible for their own safe driving.
The radar wave graphics are for illustrative purposes only and do not represent the actual sensor application. Please see the owner’s manual for additional information.
– UMS: The detection and control capabilities of Ultrasonic misacceleration Mitigation System [UMS] are supplemental only and do not prevent misacceleration in every situation. Please drive safely and do not rely solely on this system while driving. To prevent the engine output control provided by UMS from causing an impediment during normal driving in rough-road driving conditions, the system automatically de-activates and indicates UMS OFF in the meter cluster when the FCM function is OFF or the ASC function is OFF. No function completely stops the vehicle via the automatic braking. The vehicle may creep forward or backward even when engine output is regulated. The sensing system may not work for netlike and sharp-edged obstructions that do not sufficiently reflect ultrasonic sound. UMS does not include a function which keeps the vehicle stationary. The driver is responsible for stopping the vehicle by pressing the brake pedal as required by the driving conditions. The ultrasonic sensor wave graphics are for illustrative purposes only and do not represent the actual sensor application. Please see the owner’s manual for additional information.